Mar 8, 2011
Jacket v1.7 for Faster MATLAB® CodeNew Sparse, Signal Processing, and Convolution Functions
Atlanta, GA, Mar 8, 2011 - AccelerEyes today released version 1.7 of Jacket for GPU computing with MATLAB® Version 1.7 delivers even more speed to MATLAB with a new Sparse Linear Algebra Library, a new Signal Processing Library, a big boost to convolution functions, and more.
Jacket is the premier GPU software plugin for MATLAB, better than alternative solutions. It enables rapid prototyping and problem solving across a range of government, manufacturing, energy, media, biomedical, financial, and scientific research applications. Jacket accelerates performance of common arithmetic and linear algebra functionality using the complete line of CUDA-capable GPUs from NVIDIA, including top of the line Tesla GPUs as well as Quadro visualization GPUs and GeForce gaming GPUs.
Some of the new features available with Jacket 1.7 include:
- Enhanced convolutions: CONV, CONV2, CONVN
- Sparse Linear Algebra Library: SPARSE, TRANSPOSE, CTRANSPOSE, MTIMES, BICGSTAB, BICGSTABL, BICG, LSQR, CGS, PCG, GMRES, QMR, TFQMR
- Signal Processing Library: DECONV, FREQS, FREQZ, DCT, IDCT, HILBERT, XCORR, XCORR2, UPSAMPLE, DOWNSAMPLE, WINDOW, HAMMING, BLACKMAN, BLACKMANHARRIS, HANNING, HANN, KAISER, KAISERORD, SQUARE
- Graphics Library Refresh: SURF, PLOT, IMAGESC, SCATTER3, GHOLD, GSUBPLOT, GCLF, GDRAWNOW, GFIGURE, GCLOSE
- New Generator Functions: GINF and GNAN added
- New TIMEIT Function: Robust estimates of both CPU and GPU code snippets
- New GCOMPILE features: BREAK, RETURN, CONTINUE, additional EPS syntax: eps('single') and eps('double'), expanded FOR loop support - instead of only hard-coded literal values, any COLON expression may be used
- Support for remote desktop: Run Jacket remotely on Tesla GPUs
Pricing and availability
Jacket 1.6 is now available for download on the AccelerEyes website. Pricing for a Jacket base license with support for a single GPU is $999US, $800US, and $350US for commercial, government & research, and academic customers, respectively. AccelerEyes provides 12 months of software maintenance and updates with each software license. Volume packages and development bundles are also now available at special price points for a limited time only.
AccelerEyes launched in 2007 to commercialize Jacket, the first software platform to deliver productivity in GPU computing. With advanced language processing and runtime technology to transform CPU applications to high performance GPU codes, Jacket extends from desktop workstation performance to also fully leverage GPU clusters. Based in Atlanta, GA., the privately held company markets Jacket for a range of defense, intelligence, biomedical, financial, research, and academic applications. Additional information is available at www.accelereyes.com.
For further information:
75 5th Street NW, Suite 204, Atlanta, GA 30308
+1 (800) 570-1941
Download this press release here