December 7, 2011
Jacket v2.0 for Faster Code in MATLAB®:New Multi-GPU Functionality, Added Support for OpenCL Devices
Atlanta, GA - December 7, 2011 - AccelerEyes announces the release of Jacket version 2.0, adding GPU computing capabilities for use with MATLAB®. Version 2.0 delivers even more speed through a host of new improvements, maximizing GPU device performance and utilization.
Notable new features include a multi-GPU interface and support for OpenCL devices. With Jacket v2.0, your MATLAB code is now portable across all major GPU devices, including AMD/ATI, Intel, and NVIDIA chips.
Jacket is the premier GPU software plugin for MATLAB, better than alternative solutions. It is relied upon by thousands of organizations for rapid prototyping and problem solving across a range of government, manufacturing, energy, media, biomedical, financial, and scientific research applications.
- Control over all GPUs in your program through simple, fast GPU selection functions. Jacket automatically handles communication between the GPU devices, without the need to launch bulky parallel computing workers
- GINFO, GSELECT, GSYNC, are all extended to handle multiple devices
- Support for single precision, floating point, real, and complex types
- Support for array math, FFTs, element-wise operations, and more
- Selection of any OpenCL compliant device listed in GINFO
- Currently available as a Free beta feature, download now
Other Notable Improvements:
- New Base Jacket Functions, such as MEDIAN and PROD
- Additional Image Processing Library functions
- Additional Statistics Library functions
- Additional Signal Processing Library functions
- Support for binary to decimal conversion with BI2DE, DE2BI
- New Demos (included in every download)
- Defense Optical Flow Tracking example, Music Visualizer example, and new Jacket CPU vs. GPU demo
- Financial example of Black-Scholes with GCOMPILE is 35X faster than CPU
- GSELECT between devices any time, not just at startup
Pricing and availability
Jacket v2.0 is available for download on the AccelerEyes website. Pricing for a Jacket base license with support for a single GPU is $999.00 USD for commercial and $350.00 USD for academic customers. AccelerEyes provides 12 months of software maintenance and updates with each software license. Volume packages and development bundles are also now available at special price points.
AccelerEyes launched in 2007 to commercialize Jacket, the first software platform to deliver productivity in GPU computing. With advanced language processing and runtime technology to transform CPU applications to high performance GPU codes, Jacket extends from desktop workstation performance to also fully leverage GPU clusters. Based in Atlanta, GA., the privately held company markets Jacket for a range of defense, intelligence, biomedical, financial, research, and academic applications. Additional information is available at www.accelereyes.com.
For further information:
75 5th Street NW, Suite 204, Atlanta, GA 30308
+1 (800) 570-1941
Download this press release here